Every March, since 1987, remarkable women are honored for Women’s History Month. This is a time to look at women’s contributions to society and our culture. This month is not only dedicated to those women we read about in our history books, but also the woman who have been trailblazers in every aspect of life: politics, sports, STEM, medicine, and beyond.
Throughout our history, and right this moment, women are fighting to have a voice — a say in what they feel is right. That’s why this month, we honor women who have had the courage to speak up and who have taken action to make a difference. The theme of Women’s History Month 2017 is “Trailblazing Women in Labor and Business” honoring women who have successfully challenged the role of women in both business and the working world. Women have always worked, but often their work has been undervalued and even unpaid. This year we honor the women who are trailblazers in the working world for women!
You can also look forward to International Women’s Day on March 8, when we celebrate impactful women around the world!
Read about our Founder and CEO, Debra Gano, a single mom whose hard work and passion for empowering girls built BYOU Magazine into what it is today!
Check out these stories on our blog about some of the inspiring women who have shaped history:
- Honoring Extraordinary Woman: Rosa Parks
- Celebrating Women’s Equality Day & the Right to Vote
- Malala Yousafzai Wins 2014 Nobel Peace Prize!
- Inspiring Black Women in History
- Honoring Extraordinary Woman: Maya Angelou
- Which Woman Do You Think Should be on the New 10 Dollar Bill?
- Honoring Extraordinary Woman: Lizzie Valazquez
- Serena Williams: A Role Model
- Kim Chamber, First Woman to Complete Golden Gate Swim
- Actress Emma Watson Leads HeForShe Campaign Launch
- Michelle Obama at Girl Up Summit
- AND MORE!
For more women and girls’ empowerment and advice become a member of BYOU Magazine today for only $19.99!
BECOME A MEMEBER TODAY for only $19.99/year!