Imagine a world of peace. It’s possible when people work together to create it. Every year on September 21 the world observes the International Day of Peace. This special day is devoted to strengthening peace within and among nations around the world.
To achieve peace in the world we need to appreciate our earth, and the people who live on it. There are many, many issues our world faces, from war to hunger/poverty to diminishing natural resources. We all need to work together to make our world a better, and more peaceful, place. Whether that’s working together with a group of your classmates, two schools working together, or even two nations working together to achieve something; working towards peace is important in today’s world…and it all starts within each of us. We need to be strong together to overcome the problems in our world; when we separate, divide, and attack others, we are weak, but it is in unity that we are strong! Let go of hate and judgment, and commit to acceptance, respect, and love for all.
Today is also World Gratitude Day, a day to appreciate who and what we have in our lives. Feelings of gratitude and focusing on what is good in your life definitely leads to amazing things, find out how in our story, Have an Attitude of Gratitude.
Today (and every day), BYOU Magazine asks you to take a moment to think about peace and gratitude. Think about what you can do to keep peace in your world. If everyone person in the world took a moment to think about peace and gratitude everyday, we would live in a much better world – let’s create that! Learn more about World Gratitude Day, by clicking here!
Be inspired about peace and gratitude with these quotes from wise men and women:
- “If you want to make peace, you don’t talk to your friends. You talk to your enemies.” – Moshe Dayan
- “It isn’t enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn’t enough to believe in it. One must work at it.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Peace begins with a smile.” – Mother Teresa
- “Peace will come wherever it is sincerely invited.”
- “Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.” -Albert Einstein
- “We must see that peace represents a sweeter music, a cosmic melody, that is far superior to the discords of war.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” -Desmond Tutu
- “The best weapon is to sit down and talk.” -Nelson Mandela
- “There never was a good war, or a bad peace.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one.” -John Lennon
- “Peace is always beautiful.” -Walt Whitman
Be inspired by girls who are out there working towards peace, such as Malala Yousafzai. The recipient of the 2014 Nobel Peace Prize is working together with girls and schools around the world to ensure the education for girls who a deprived of one. Check out Malala’s speech at the United Nations below:
Every issue of BYOU Magazine encourages you to be your best self! Don’t miss a single empowering issue!
ORDER YOUR SUBSCRIPTION TODAY for only $19.99/year!