Are you a friend to Mother Earth? Every day she takes care of us yet we often forget that we need to take care of her too…not just on Earth Day, but everyday!
Test your eco-friendly knowledge with this Earth Day quiz:
1. If you take shorter showers, you’ll save up to:
- a) Five cups of water a day
- b) One gallon of water a day
- c) Five gallons of water a day
2. Sunlight can help you save energy if you:
- a) Wear lots of sunblock.
- b) Open the blinds instead of turning on a light.
- c) Remove your sunglasses before going inside.
3. Which is better for the environment?
- a) Buying bottled water
- b) Buying a water filter for your tap water and using refillable bottles
4. What’s the most environmentally friendly way to carry things home from the store?
- a) In a plastic bag
- b) In a paper bag
- c) In a reusable cloth bag
5. When you’re not using a cell phone charger, it’s better to:
- a) Unplug it from the wall
- b) Leave it plugged in
6. Why is it better to buy fruits and vegetables that were grown locally?
- a) They didn’t have to be shipped as far. Shipping uses energy.
- b) They’re fresher.
- c) It supports local farmers.
- d) All of the above.
7. Which isn’t one of the three R’s that help keep trash out of landfills?
- a) Reuse
- b) Relax
- c) Recycle
- d) Reduce
ANSWERS: 1. c, 2. b, 3. b, 4. c, 5. a, 6. d, 7. b
More Earth Day goodness below:
- Celebrate Earth Day; Plant a Tree!
- Want to meet three girls who are making a BIG difference this Earth Day? READ HERE
- Teen Advocate, Rachel Parent talks GMOs
- You Need to Know About GMOs
- World Water Day!
- National Recycle Week!
Join our GIRLS EMPOWERMENT MEMBERSHIP program! It includes empowerment “hangouts”, self-esteem webinars, empowerment tips and articles, puzzles & brain games, digital magazines, members-only prizes, and more! All this for only $19.99/year! That’s only about $1.50 per month for year ’round empowerment and inspiration!